Video: 2 Chainz Speaks To Felons For 'Respect My Vote' Campaign.
Get More: Music News
2 Chainz has been lending his support to the “Respect My Vote!” campaign, in an effort to give back to the community. On May 19, the Atlanta rapper attended an ex-felon voting rights workshop in Charlotte, North Carolina where he encouraged attendees to cast their votes, in order to make their voices heard. 2 Chainz shared personal stories and similar circumstances in an effort to connect to his crowd.
“I’ve been a felon since I was 15 years old,” he told them, explaining being locked up for possession of cocaine when he was younger.
"I know a lot of people feel like my vote don’t count, because [i've been] one of those people.” After explaining his stance, 2 Chainz fielded questions from the room, including one asking for his thoughts on President Obama’s decision to support gay marriage. Check out the footage above. - By Nadeska Alexis
New Single "No Lie" ft. Drake Available on iTunes Now!
Click here to download "No Lie" ft. Drake on iTunes.
Based on a T.R.U. Story Available Everywhere August 14th!
- New Video: 2 Chainz & Wiz Khalifa "We Own It (Fast & Furious)"
- 2 Chainz Featured In GQ Magazine
- Pre-Order The Fast & Furious 6: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on ITunes
- Video: 2 Chainz Makes A Cameo On Law & Order: SVU
- Video: 2 Chainz Featured In The Gig-It Artist Video
- New Music: 2 Chainz & Wiz Khalifa "We Own It (Fast & Furious)"
- New Video: 2 Chainz "Like Me"
- Video: 2 Chainz "Yuck" Ft. Lil Wayne
- Video: 2 Chainz Performs At Coachella
- Video: 2 Chainz Freestyles On Tim Westwood